The Roger Bobo Awards were established by ITEA to foster, encourage, and recognize excellence in the field of recording. This award recognizes artists who have produced recordings of the highest distinction, and are given to those whose work illustrates an exceptional level of artistry, regardless of popularity or other factors.
ITEA Roger Bobo Awards For Excellence In Recording
- Recordings must have a release date between 1/1/2021 and 2/1/2023.
- Applicants must be members in good standing with ITEA. ITEA Board and Staff are not eligible to apply for or receive this award.
- Finalists will be announced in the spring of 2023. Winners will be announced during a special ceremony at ITEC 2023.
- A list of materials received will be posted on the ITEA website. Please check the website to verify that your submitted materials have been received.
SUBMISSION OF MATERIALS
- All entries must be RECEIVED or POSTMARKED by March 1, 2023.
- Each nomination must have a separate nomination form (page 2 of this document).
- Submit one electronic nomination form (link below) for each nominated recording. Albums can also be submitted electronically through Dropbox, Google Drive, or similar formats, or CDs can be mailed to the competition chair at the following address. If audio is to be submitted electronically, that email should be emailed to the chair.
Roger Bobo Awards for Excellence in Recording
Irving Ray, Chair
5115 11th Rd S Arlington, VA22204
Please email the Awards Chair, Irving Ray, with questions about the submission process (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Submitted CDs and other hard copy materials will not be returned.
The following nominations have been selected as finalists for the 2019 Bobo Awards. Winners will be announced at the 2019 ITEA Awards Banquet taking place at the upcoming International Tuba Euphonium Conference (ITEC) at the University of Iowa.
Matthew van Emmerik – Preserving Code
Christopher Leslie – To the Point
Mark Jenkins – Euphonium Excerpts for Band
Alessandro Fossi – Concerti Italiani
Sérgio Carolino – Moderato Tangabile
Aaron Tindall - Transformations
TGB (Sérgio Carolino, Alexandre Frazão, Mário Delgado) - III
CONICAL BRASS (Sérgio Carolino, Jeff Nelson, Telmo Marques) - Faraway, Nearby
TRANSATLANTIC TUBA CONNECTION (Sérgio Carolino, Mike Forbes, Pedro Silva) – Full Tilt