ITEA Winston Morris Award for Tuba Ensemble Composition
The Morris Award was established in 2016 by R. Winston Morris in celebration of his 50th anniversary as professor of tuba at Tennessee Tech University to foster, encourage, and recognize excellence in the field of composition. This award will recognize the very best composers who have produced works of the highest distinction and is indeed given to those whose work illustrates the highest level of artistry, regardless of popularity or other factors.
April 1, 2023
- Tuba and Euphonium Ensemble (4 or more parts): any combination of euphoniums AND tubas consisting of four or more parts with or without percussion.
- Open to any original composition for tuba/euphonium ensemble of four or more parts that was completed between April 1, 2021 and February 1, 2023.
- Finalists will be notified in the spring of 2023.
- Three finalists and one winner will be announced during the 2023 International Tuba Euphonium Conference (May 29 - June 2, 2021).
- ITEA Board and Staff are not eligible to apply for or receive this award.
- The adjudication panel reserves the right to not name a winner.
Funding for this award has been made available by Professor R. Winston Morris in celebration of his 50th anniversary as professor of tuba at Tennessee Tech University. The amount of the prize money will be contingent upon the amount of interest contained in the endowed amount. Anticipate $1,000. Prize Winner: $1,000