Solo Tuba – Artist Division
This is a competition for tuba soloists who do not have a full-time position as a performer or teacher.
Submit your entry in:
November 14, 2022
January 1, 2023
June 3, 2023
All competitors must be ITEA members at the time of the live rounds (semifinals and finals) of the competition. Finalists and semi-finalists must be registered and present at the competition event, for example, ITEC. The competitors must never have held a full-time professional position as a musician on any instrument.
The jury is looking for excellent performances of high musical and technical standards.
Finalists and semi-finalists must be registered and present at ITEC 2023 to be held Monday, May 29 – June 3, 2023 at the Arizona State University in Tempe, Arizona, USA. It is recommended that all solo competition semifinalists arrive on or before Saturday, May 27th for rehearsals with the ITEC pianist on Sunday, May 28th. All semifinalists will pay a reduced registration fee for ITEC.
PrizesPrize amounts will be announced in early 2023.
Announcement of WinnersWinner will be announced at ITEC 2023
Rounds and repertoire
- Concerto for Tuba or Bass Trombone, mvt. I ONLY - Eric Ewazen (Southern Music Company)
Chose ONE of the two unaccompanied pieces.
- Music for Two Big Instruments - Alex Shapiro (Activist Music)
- Unaccompanied: Naked Tuba - Anne McGinty (McGinty Music)
- Unaccompanied: A Bachs of Suites vol. I, etude No. 10 "Chaconne" ONLY - Robert Denham, ed. Jeff Baker (IMBrassworks)
- Ursa - Libby Larsen (Libby Larsen Publishing)