ITEA Jim and Jamie Self Creative Award
The Jim and Jamie Self Creative Award was established in 2014 and is meant to encourage and promote new thinking from current ITEA members that will have a profound effect on the future of our instruments. The winner of the 2019 award will receive USD $1000.
Submit your nomination in:
April 1, 2022
February 1, 2023
June 1, 2021
February 1, 2023
The majority of the work for each project must have taken place between June 1, 2021 and February 1, 2023. Applicants should document the timeline of work completed in the project description. All projects must be completed by February 1, 2023.
- Applicants must be members in good standing with ITEA.
- ITEA Board & Staff are not eligible to apply for or receive this award.
- Finalists in each category will be notified in the spring of 2021
- Winners will be announced during the 2023 International Tuba Euphonium Conference.
- The adjudication panel reserves the right to not name a winner.
Because this award is meant to recognize creativity, any tuba-euphonium related project or topic may be considered. The Award Committee will consider all entries, but if prospective entrants have questions about the eligibility of their project(s), they may address these to the Award Committee chaired by Zach Collins (email@example.com). The Award Committee anticipates entries may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Writing a book, essay, or dissertation
- Inventing/building a useful tool, instrument, or accessory
- Creating performance opportunities in a completely new area
- Creating an interactive computer program or recording technique
- Presenting a unique, innovative performance or truly different audio or video recording
- Unique use of the tuba and/or euphonium in mixed media or other visual or aural arts