The Harvey G. Phillips Awards were established by ITEA to foster, encourage, and recognize excellence in the field of composition. These awards recognize the very best composers who have produced work of the highest distinction and are indeed given to those whose work illustrates the highest level of artistry, regardless or popularity or other factors.
ITEA Harvey Phillips Awards For Excellence In Composition
- Open to any original composition in the categories listed which were completed within the indicated project period.
- Compositions nominated for prior Phillips Awards are not eligible for nomination.
- Both the nominator and the nominee must be an ITEA member
- ITEA Board & Staff are not eligible to apply for or receive this award.
- Finalists in each category will be notified in the spring.
Winners will be announced during ITEC.
- The adjudication panels reserve the right to not name a winner in any category.
SUBMISSION OF MATERIALS
All entries must be electronically submitted using the electronic submission form. Submissions received after the deadline will not be considered.
Compositions MUST be submitted in PDF format. Works may be published or non-published at time of submission. A recording (live or studio performance or MIDI realization) is strongly encouraged to be submitted (electronically) with your submission but is not required (see additional guidelines for submitting recordings on the online application form).
- Each composition must be submitted separately
- Tuba in a Solo Role – Unaccompanied or with piano/electronic/ensemble accompaniment
- Euphonium in a Solo Role - Unaccompanied or with piano/electronic/ ensemble accompaniment
- Tuba and/or Euphonium featured in Chamber Music – One or more tubas or euphoniums with mixed instrumentation